Monday, August 25, 2008

Queen of the Night (Part 2...

Last week I had the opportunity to record some images of an incredible blooming event. Our long-time friends and fellow Cereus enthusiasts, Ralph and Steve, gave us the heads up on the impending blooming of their Night Blooming Cereus.

The first photo shows the buds as they were beginning to open at 7:15 on the evening of August 20. At about 8:30, Ralph called to say that the blooming had started and that all six of the flowers were opening fast. I took the next photo of the almost fully opened blooms at about 9:40. The close-up shows the intricate details of the flower's throat.

Once again, the beauty of the flower and the perfume scent that it gives off is hard to describe. However, Ralph did a very good job of it on his blog. So I suggest you hop over there and take a look at his accounting of the evening (but come back of course).


(Click on photo for gallery view)

3 comments:

Ralph said...

I think "QN2" is another winner. Beautiful!!

FZipperer said...

Thanks Ralph. I'm glad we could all share the moment.

Canvas Print said...

That was a great post! I totally agree with your post. Great job again, and I hope you have a superb day!