Saturday, August 9, 2008

Photo of the Month for August


By now, if you have witnessed my obsession with creating images of flowers, plants and trees; you will know that one of my favorite subjects is the Southern Magnolia. I tend to concentrate my work on the flowers themselves, however, inspired by some of my favorite photo artists, I decided to try and create images from the beautiful shape and form of the leaves. As an example of images that have inspired me, see the work of Ruth Bernhard and Imogen Cunningham. The sepia toning of this leaf was inspired by Joyce Tenneson's Flower Portraits.

I welcome your comments.

Frank

2 comments:

Judy Vorfeld said...

Absolutely beautiful, Frank. You are quite an artist.

steven said...

As always--excellent. Your creativity always impresses me.

Your Bro',David