Saturday, October 13, 2007

Photo of the Month for October


This photo is a bit different from my usual style of printing floral images. Usually I use a black or very dark background so that the flower pops out to the viewer. But I was given 50 black calla lilies for my last birthday (which was a big one) and I really wanted a photograph that would show off the exotic looking bloom. Of course it's not really black, but so dark purple that it appears black. I decided to print in B&W against a high-key white background to emphasize the subject. I don't usually border my prints, but I used a very thin dark gray line to outline the image so that the print doesn't bleed into the mat.

Frank

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only I wrote elegant, hand-written notes. I'd be buying one in every flavor!